International excellence since over 18 years
The ICNM-International Center for New Media is a non-profit association founded in 2002 with headquarters in Salzburg and Vienna.
ICNM and its projects address the opportunities of digital media, with a special focus on the evaluation and promotion of high-quality interactive content and innovative solutions promoting democracy, social inclusion, citizens’ participation, gender equality, sustainability, user centric government and linguistic / cultural diversity. ICNM strives to evoke awareness for the creative use of digital technologies to solve challenges, with national networks and representations in over 184 UN member countries.
Through the award systems and its aligned activities, ICNM has created mutually reinforcing, active networks and a platform of over 13.000 members, aligned in the spirit of positive change and future oriented content driven solutions, fostering and enabling transnational cooperation and citizen engagement. These strong, multi-stakeholder networks are managed with a low threshold, to encourage solidarity and active transnational collaboration and advancement in the EU and beyond.
ICNM uses European-wide and global awards and activities to select and promote good practice solutions in digital innovation with positive impact on society. The awards, programs and interactive event formats allow participants to gain knowledge, demonstrate their achievements & attain growth, and promote and present European best practices in digital creativity and content to the wider public.
Know-how sharing services of the ICNM
The ICNM has been designing, organizing and holding awards successfully for over 15 years, be it for its own awards or for partner organizations worldwide. The ICNM organizes its own competitions (WSA, WSA Young Innovators), but also acts as a service provider and consultant for design and organization for external competitions:
- Zero Project of the Essl Foundation
- Josef Umdasch Research Prize
- Public Administration Service Awards for the Western Balkan
- Digital Arab Content Award with UN ESCWA
The ICNM brings in its years of experience and offers a specially developed contest software solution that enables customized offers and provides consulting and other services in the following areas:
- International and Local Event Organization
- International award design – procedure, categories, goals
- Outermost Flexibility
- Cultural integration
- Support in setting up contest software (questionnaire, design)
- Organization of the evaluation – concept, preparation and implementation of a successful jury, supported by the contest software
- Concept, preparation and implementation of an award ceremony / gala including event management
- In-house developed contest software
- International award consultaion and organization
- Honor and raise awareness for personal accomplishment.
- Show and enable the opportunities to create impact, no matter what age, gender, heritage or disabilities one may have
- Respect and support those in need
- Provide exchange of good practices and solutions, resulting in transferability and replication
- Show and raise awareness to leadership against all odds, with special focus on the promotion of female leadership, youth innovation and overcoming disabilities
Through these principles, ICNM creates eye-to-eye communities, that treat each other with respect, provide support to the individual and foremost, offer inspiration to each other.